- (January 17, 2005) I bought these LG's and love em', but the first one I got was the floor model from Best Buy, I got it home and they hooked it up and leveled it. After they run the test cycle it runs perfectly -- but once you put ANY size load in, this thing shook so bad I couldn't read any of the printed words on the front of it while running. So I returned it and they gave me a brand new one. One thing to mention is that upon shipping they have shipping bolts to lock the drum in the washer so it doesn't get damaged--make sure they remove those. This brand new one shakes just as bad. Now I realize some shaking is to be expected at 1100 RPM, but this was bad -- It sounds like an Apache Helicopter is hovering
- (September 20, 2005) I will be updating this review as I get to know this washer better. That is a key with this washer. There are a lot of features and one needs to explore the working of these settings and find the best that work for you. First let me talk about the leveling part of this washer. Due to the high spin cycle speeds of this washer one should level this washer to the best of his/her ability the very first time they install it. Make sure the location you choose for the washer is the final resting place of the washer. Mine was levelled but we moved the washer slightly to accommodate space for a vacuum cleaner on the other side of the laundry room. This messed up the leveling and then it was a m
- (September 18, 2006) We saw the Cabrio washer/dryer demo pair at Sears and were so impressed we placed an order immediately. Due to it being new and not in stock in the warehouse, we had to wait 2-1/2 weeks for delivery. That should have been our first signal to cut our losses and run, because I never buy the first year model of ANYTHING--there's just too much chance for problem. We received our Cabrios, and were in heaven--for all of 6 days. We enjoyed almost a week of high capacity washing and drying. The washer did a great job of cleaning, and the dryer was a joy to unload--the slanted angle of the opening put clothes at your fingertips. The electronic controls were simple to use--for most loads, it was pu
- (05-05-2013) My first impressions when I purchased this very expensive machine was that the clothes came out horribly wrinkled. I set it to the lowest spin and still wrinkled but I lived with it because I liked the large capacity and the clothes came out clean. After 5 1/2 years I got the infamous F1 code and it was going to cost $300 to fix and decided not to put money into this. Kept running down to reset the code and the washer would restart, but I was never so anxious for an appliance to die. Then after a few months it stopped draining and I had to drip-dry clothes outside. I finally had it. Sad to say in the beginning when I liked this machine I recommended it to my sister-in-law. I'm suprised she still speaks to me. It shreds her towels and facecloths, wrinkles gallore and she hates the machine. I now have an LG front loader and so far love it. When I told salesmen I had a Cabrio they rolled their eyes and said it's a piece of junk. To get only 6 years out of a washer this expensive is obscene. I cheered when it was hauled away.
- (25-04-2013) This is the absolute worse washing machine I ever had...it will not remove any stains..I must pre treat each stain and wash and repeat multiple times ...some stains still will not come out so out with garment.Forgetabout large capacity....I have to do way fewer clothes than in my old top loader.So I am not saving any money.I emailed whirlpool and got a standard email reply.Will never purchase another whirlpool made appliance EVER again.
- (17-04-2013) There is nothing good about this washer. It tangles clothes so tight, it takes forever to get them untangled. It is constantly unbalanced. Cannot multitask because of babysitting this machine. It vibrates so hard it vibrates out of its spot. My dogs are afraid of it. Uses too much water constantly trying to rebalance itself. I will never purchase this type of washer again. $2500 for washer and dryer! As soon as I can afford it, it is going out the door. May have to buy one from CHina. This machine ruins my day every time I have to use it. Am currently drying a load of clothes for three hours because the damned washer would not balance and could not spin!