- (July 07, 2004) The unit is very efficient and effective at cooling - it works just great. I find it best to set the thermostat at 69 or 70 degrees F to cool. The Auto Mode is basically useless as the compressor will only begin to cool if the room is above 80 degrees. The unit itself is sleek and easy to move around. Setup and installation was easy and the instruction manual is very easy to follow. I wish the exhaust hose and window insulation were a bit more sturdy. I bought some pipe duct insulation to put around the exhaust hose - this helps to keep hot air from accumulating around the exhaust hose (without the insulation I bought, it gets warm back there). The exhaust hose connects to
- (July 19, 2004) In a little over a year, I've bought three Oreck air purifiers. I had never realized the amount of dust, dirt, stray hair, etc. that floats around my own house before: that's just that I was constantly breathing in. The air purifier, however, cuts down on that severely. The filter inside the machine traps all those air borne pollutants for you to see that it's working. And it's so easy to use--just stick it in a corner and you're done: the purifier does all the work for you. It has a fan inside of it to circulate the air so it's not just cleaning the air in one corner of those house. Not only that, but it barely makes any noise so it's not an annoyance. The air purifiers are definitely well-
- (June 29, 2006) This is a good unit if you need to cool a fairly small room. I use it to cool a room that's about 120 sq. feet, and it does a decent job. The unit is small enough, but at around 65 pounds, it could weight a little less. But overall, it's a good buy.
- (17-09-2013) Good value for money as all the spotlight fans seem to be so expensive now. I have used fanlights in the bedroom for many years now and couldn't live without one and this does this trick and was a bonus having the bulbs included.
- (16-09-2013) The unit is a very nice little product overall and a good price. The flames can be seen reflecting on the wall out of the sides of the fire which another reviewer also pointed out. as a design weakness. Another slight improvement that could be made is that the fan could cut out when the heating element does on thermostat setting which some other stoves do as opposed to running continuously and also blowing cold air which is a slight annoyance.
- (14-09-2013) Nice size fire with good heat output and realistic flame effect that can be used on its own